Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Start of Week 17

Hey Zigs Fans,
A big welcome in advance to my new readers. I am Ziggy the Zygote, aka Zigs or ZZ. I am the product of my Mom and Dad’s love for each other (gross), and I have a lot to say as I grow in my Mom’s belly, and I've been blogging since July. You’ve all been here before, so you can all relate to my world!

Today is the start of Week 17. Dad says if this were fantasy football, this week wouldn’t count. I don’t know about football yet, but I know every week counts in the womb. The last day of Week 16 was a big one – Mom, Dad and I spent the afternoon at Dr. Matthews’ office and then Dr. Rezvani’s office. Everyone wanted to take a good look at me. And guess what? Dr. Matthews proved to everyone what I I’ve been saying all along -- I look marvelous. This is a real picture of me, and I put more in the link "Real Photos of Me" to the right of this page. My favorite position is a crouch, with my ankles crossed. No peeking at my pee pee, people! Mom and Dad are gonna start spreading the word about me now.

Mom and Dad also met my new pal Cysty the Cyst. Cysty is my…mini-me. Cysty has no eyes, nose, ears, arms or legs, and can’t blog. Cysty is just a big, dopey ball of cells and fluid. She’s kinda like a water balloon the size of a plum. Cysty’s keeping me company here in the womb – kinda like Wilson for Tom Hanks in Cast Away. She’s a little dull, but I don’t mind. It doesn’t look like Cysty’s going anywhere anytime soon, but it’s possible she could shrivel up and go away. If I kick her hard enough she might even rupture, but that wouldn’t hurt me or Mom. Mom and Dad will watch Cysty as much as they watch me – but it’s obvious I’m much cuter.
At our next appointment, Dr. Rezvani told Mom and Dad, “You’re grounded!” Usually I would think this is pretty funny, but it also means that I’m grounded too. Dr. Rezvani says that Cysty the Cyst is not to be messed with, and flying is off-limits. That means no trip to Greece :( Oh well – I enjoyed my trip to Little Greece last month, aka Astoria; maybe we can go back there. Mmmmmm….. Spanakopita……

This week Mom will probably get hungrier to support me while I start to form fat on my body. I can hear loud noises pretty easily, and although my eyes are still sealed shut, I can start to perceive light. I’m still practicing sucking and swallowing, and pretty soon I’ll have my own unique fingerprint.

That’s all the news that’s fit to print for now. Until next time, please ponder this and answer me quickly: if olive oil is made from olives, what is baby oil made from?

Talk to you soon!
-Zigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment