Friday, September 3, 2010

Bad news / Great news

Ok, great news first, Zigs Fans. Mom and Dad saw my hands and feet today, and my massive melon of a head (did I just use a food reference again?). The doctors checked me out, and so far I'm A-Ok. They did a test called a nuchal translucency, where they measure the thickness of some fluid behind the back of my neck. I don't know what the fuss was all about, I mean, there's fluid everywhere in here! I'm learning how to pee now, I can give you all the fluid you want.

It turns out this test was all about less fluid. The less, the better. And guess what? My neck fluid measured at 1.65mm, which is way under the 3.0mm threshold. Mom forgot all about how I made her throw up this morning when she found out. Considering I know how to blog, though, I'm not sure why she's so surprised and impressed that I'm doing a good job just hanging out. I'm a fetus prodigy, woman, set the bar high!

Mom was so happy that she almost forgot about the bad news. It turns out Mom has low Protein S, which makes her more susceptible to blood clots. And since we can't be clotting my placenta, Mom has to take a blood thinner every day for the rest of the way. It's an injection so it's painful. But Mom loves me enough that she'll do it. Now I'm a pain in her butt, literally! I'll tell you what, Mom, starting next week I'll ease up on the nausea for you, deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment