Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Penultimate Post (3/17/11)

It's hard to believe how quickly time has passed and much I've grown in such a short time.  It's also hard to believe my vocabulary, and my ability to type when I can hardly stretch my arms.  As reality sets in, I can't help but reflect on my time in the womb.

It's been a pretty wild ride the last 40 and a half weeks. I've been reporting to you since July, so I guess you could say I have had awareness (and access to the internet) since about week 5.  July 4th was spent with Aunt Alia and all of my family on Dad's side. August was spent at the beach with friends. September took me to places like Italy, France and England.  Then Cysty the Cyst came along and spoiled my trip to Greece (but that's ok, I have the next 20 years to look forward to Greek summer camp).  October saw the widespread announcement of my existence, and with November came new dresses and outfits that boys will never see me wear (love you, Dad).  December was my first Christmas, and January was my Ziggy shower -- it seemed like not a day went by that I didn't receive a gift!  In February Mom and Dad prepared my new room (I love monkeys and giraffes).

And now that its March, I suppose it's time for me to break away from the friendly confines of Mom's belly and begin the next stage of my life on the outside.  I have 10 fingers, 10 toes, 2 eyes, 2 ears, 2 noses... Wait, 2 noses?!?!  Woops, false alarm, those are my lips. Whew!   I also have a heart that's beating faster than Mom's with excitement, and lungs stronger than you can imagine -- I dare you to deprive me of whatever I want.

And so, Zigs fans, I bid you all Adieu From The Inside.  This will be my penultimate (second to last) post; my ultimate post will announce my arrival.  I thank you very much for participating in my Squiggly Adventures, and I can't wait to meet you all in person (please greet me with a fist bump, I would like to stay germ-free).  Thank you for giving Mom and Dad your love and support as I have grown up from zygote to embryo to fetus.  And most of all, thank you for... PRESENTS!!!! Just kidding... But not really.

Catch you on the flipside.  Love, Ziggy.  

PS My adventures are only beginning.  Stay tuned for my "Ziggy365" web album when I arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment