Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Overdue (Start of Week 41)

Hello, loyal Ziggy followers,
Today is my due date.  Most of you have been waiting about 6 months to see me.  Mom and Dad have been waiting their whole lives.  What's a few more days?  Besides, it gives me a chance to blog some more, and tell you all about the Anticipation of Ziggy.

For starters, I'm clearly already driving my parents and extended family crazy.  For example, Aunt Kelly texted, "Enough already, it's time to share Ziggy with the rest of us!"  Yiayia keeps asking Mom whether or not she should suspend her home construction so she can hang out in the hospital with us.  Mom keeps telling her office that she's still working.  Dad keeps crying wolf, too.  Do you know what I'm doing in here?  As always, I'm Ziggin.  I'm Squigglin.  I'm Scootin.  Sometimes Tootin.  I've also been playing kickball with Mom's bladder and kidneys -- I gotta pass the time somehow.

Mom and Dad were prepared to see me around March 8th (one week early).  Apparently I've been showing signs all along that I would make my showstopping debut a little bit before my due date, but nobody bothered to ask me what I thought about it.  Leading up to the 8th, Mom and Dad put the finishing touches on my bedroom, went out to dinner every night of the week and took me to the Christening of my cousin Gabriella Elena.  We all had so much fun at the party -- make sure there's a Viennese table at my parties, Dad!  Speaking of sweets, Mom has also been feeding me all kinds of stuff I never had before.  Has anyone out there ever had a Reese's Pieces Sundae at Friendly's?  They are the BEST.  I hear they have a kid's meal that includes a Conehead Sundae -- I'm sure Situ will take me for one before I'm 3 years old.  Let's keep it our secret, Situ. 

Since Mom and Dad prepared mentally for my arrival on the 8th, the last 7 days have been filled with unabated anticipation.  It's been exciting and frustrating at the same time, and time has been going by so slowly for them.  As I blogged earlier, Mom has introduced me to hot peppers on a daily basis.  Here's a word of advice, Mom: what doesn't induce labor only makes me stronger!  I'll keep the vitamins, and you can keep the ulcers :)

Long walks are making it more difficult for me to cling to my womb, but I'm still holding steady.  I plan on sticking around for another week or so -- for the sake of my blog fans, of course.  I'm going for a "stress test" on Thursday, and then to the obstetrician on Monday.  At that point, all bets are off.  Check out my poll on the top right, and if you haven't done so yet, you can enter my baby pool at http://bebepool.com/alexzarwi , where you can predict my my birthday, birth time, length, weight and name.  I'll spot you one answer: my name is Ziggy.  Good luck with the rest.

Stay tuned for my Overdue Updates, Zigs Fans -- the Squiggly Adventures live on.
-Ziggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment