Hello again, my growing legion of fans,
Merry Christmas! Melad Majeed! Kalá Christoúyienna! Mele Kalikimaka!
This week has been lots of fun for me, Mom and Dad. I experienced my first Christmas and my first Blizzard (well, my first non-Dairy Queen Blizzard). For starters, Mom and Dad took me to church on Christmas Eve. Did you know that Christmas isn’t only about presents? You could have fooled me on Christmas Day, which was all about presents and parties. Mom and Dad hosted Christmas, and all of my cousins came over to spend the day with me. I got so many presents!! I got new socks, new outfits, new hats and new toys! You can see them all on my “Ziggy Couture” page. I even met Santa! His beard was white but his eyebrows were brown – seems suspicious. But it’s okay, he had presents for me so it’s all good. Thanks Santa (and everyone else)!
The day after Christmas was freezing cold and windy. The sky turned grey and snow started to fall. Mom and Dad put on their pajamas, brewed some tea for me and watched the snow fall from the porch. We were supposed to hang out with Mom’s friends from high school, but the snow made everybody stop what they were doing and just sit. The snow was blowing sideways and it was a blizzard! After a little while everything looked the same outside. Is this the way it is every time it snows?
The next morning Dad dug us out of the snow while Mom and I made some peppermint hot chocolates. The snow looks like a lot of fun, and I hope I get to play in it next year! After we finished hot chocolates, Mom and Dad started getting my new bedroom ready. Theo George and Amu James helped Dad relocate the office furniture to the attic on Christmas, so now my room is crib-ready and it will forever be the Ziggy Room. Theo George and Thea Kelly are making all the arrangements to make sure I sleep in style when I am born. Thank you!
I am now the size of a small cabbage (almost 17 inches and almost three pounds). I’m nearly as tall as I will be at birth, but my weight will more than double by delivery time as I add fat to my body. As I get chubby, real estate is at a premium inside Mom’s belly. I have been jabbing and poking from elbows and knees mostly, as I excitedly respond to all sorts of stimuli — movement, sounds, light, shawarma and spanakopita. Keep that Mediterranean cuisine coming! I don’t need a toothbrush yet, but the buds for permanent teeth are forming in my gums now.There’s still lots in store for me this week before New Year’s, but until then, consider this:
Jon was born in Albuquerque on a date not divisible by 2, 3, or 5, and on a month without a E or an I. When does he turn one year older? (Hint: it’s easy).
Talk to you soon! Happy Holidays!

No comments:
Post a Comment