It’s been almost 4 weeks since I’ve checked in with you, and a lot has happened in here and out there. For starters, the word is officially out that I am a little lady. I have quickly developed a wardrobe of Ziggy Couture that would make any fetus jealous. Dad says I can try on all of my clothes as much as I want, in my room, until I’m 25. But since Mom and I are 2 against 1, we’re going to push Dad right over, right Mom?
Since last month, Mom and Dad have seen pictures of me at Dr. Matthews’ office not once, but twice. We went November 18th when I was 23 weeks and 2 days old, and I put on another show for my parents. They kept asking me to put down my hands so they could see my face, but I was sleepy! I gave them a yawn instead, but they still wouldn’t leave me alone. Mom kept rolling over to try and make me move, but I stood my ground. I also gave them a peek between my legs – which is the last time I will ever show anyone. I’m a lady!
Mom and Dad went back on December 1st to take another look at my heart; it’s beating with the strength of a thousand Ziggys. They also snuck a 4D photo of my face when my guard was down – I was saving that for my birthday, Mom! Mom says I have big lips. Dad says I look like claymation.
I’ve also had a lot of fun hanging out with Mom and Dad. We went to New York City for dinner and a show with Aunt Lauren, Aunt Julie, Uncle Mike and Uncle Chris. They all kept calling it the “MVP+Hubby” weekend. Uncle Mike ate a lot of M&Ms in Times Square. Mom and Dad also took me to see the Pee-Wee Herman show. Is Pee-Wee special, or can I fly, too? We also had fun decorating my first Christmas tree together last weekend. Thanks for the help, Amu James!

At 26 weeks pregnant, Mom is two-thirds of the way through pregnancy with me. She says her belly button is larger-than-life. No more belly ring and no more innie, Mom! Look at the bright side: it gives you a chance to clean out all the lint that's accumulated there since you were a kid.
As for me, I not only can hear noises but I can now also respond to them. I am also kicking Mom hard enough to make her uncomfortable, and Dad saw me “flutter” for the first time yesterday without touching Mom’s belly. My eyes are now beginning to open, and since I can see what's going on now, please remember that it is impolite to shine a flashlight at your stomach, Mom. I shall respond by kicking you more in the bladder.
I should be about 9 inches tall, but Dr. Rezvani says I’m in the 40th percentile in height for my age – sounds like I got Mom’s height genes! I’m also about two pounds now -- about the size of an eggplant. It’s starting to get a little crowded in here…
My next “performance” at the doctor is TBD, but it should be in about 6 weeks. In the meantime, I’m excited for Christmas and PRESENTS – feel free to help me expand my Couture collection, people!
Until next time, keep Ziggin’, and Happy/Merry!
-Z.

No comments:
Post a Comment