Greetings again from the womb. The last two weeks have been fun as usual. Is life always fun? It seems like it. Dad had his friends over for football and we had lots of fun yelling at the television together. Mom says Dad is crazy, but what’s really crazy is that I have a blog. And those 4D images of me – those are crazy. Do I have Mom’s nose, or Dad’s? I have both of their hair – which means I have too much hair. I’m the Cousin It of fetuses.
Last week I went to two parties with Mom – one with Daddy’s work friends, and one with Mommy’s work friends. Daddy’s work friends say Mom and I look great. That’s because they can’t see that I’m covered in slime and hair. Mom’s work friends love us too, especially after they have a few drinks!
Mom and Dad took me crib shopping, and I picked out a really nice one. Does more money equal better? I picked one that costs a lot. Theo George and Thea Kelly insist on paying for it, as do Situ and Jidu, Papou and Yiayia, and Mom and Dad. As long as I don’t have to pay for it, it’s fine with me! This gig doesn’t pay in dollars.
Mom and Dad practiced parenting by watching my future friend AJ Samulka. He’ll be one year old on new year’s day! Mom and Dad did a great tag team job changing their first diaper together – luckily it was number 1 and not number 2. Get ready for my exploding poopers, Dad! Maybe you can practice with a football and some pudding.
As Mom enters her third trimester with me, I’ve been kicking up a storm. It’s starting to get a little crowded in here, and Mom and Dad can see my kicks and punches with their naked eyes. I am now able to sleep in different cycles, including REM, when dreaming occurs. Mostly I dream about how hard I can kick Mom when I wake up. I’m so sneaky! I weigh about two and a half pounds and measure almost 16 inches head to toe (the size of a head of cauliflower, smothered in cheese -- mmmmm, I'm delicious). I have been practicing “batting my eyes” (blinking), I can cough, and I’m learning to breathe better (my lungs are almost fully developed). I’m a long way from coming out into your dry and cold world, but before you know it I’ll be here breathing and blinking for real.
I can’t wait for presents!!! Merry Presents Day, people!
Love, Ziggy.

No comments:
Post a Comment