Happy New Year! Sana Saeeda! Kali Xronia! Aloha Makahiki Hou!
The fun hasn’t stopped for me since Christmas. Dad went to work Tuesday and Wednesday, but on Thursday we played with my 2 year-old Godbrother Zack. We played all day long with Thomas the Train. Zack also shot Dad 94 times with his new Buzz Lightyear laser. Dad retaliated by eating Zack’s belly until he laughed. Dad also talks to me all the time in Mom’s belly to remind me that no boys are allowed in my room. Ever.
Friday night was an MVP + Hubbies event at Aunt Lauren and Uncle Mike’s house for my first New Year’s celebration. Dinner was so good that almost everyone got sleepy before the ball dropped! But I gave Mom a swift kick in the bladder to remind her it was almost midnight, and then we rounded up the troops and watched “the oldest teenager” and a short guy named Ryan count down the end of 2010. Mom and Dad are so excited to meet me in 2011!
Saturday was my boyfriend Alex Samulka’s first birthday, and I couldn’t miss that. Dad won’t like that I have a boyfriend, and Alex probably thinks all girls are gross (except Mom), but I love his spiky hair and his smooooooth baby talk. Nobody says, “bababababaaaaa” like little Alex. He got so many presents for his birthday, and I got a big hug from him. See you soon, Alex!
Finally, Yiayia and Papou hosted another Christmas party on Sunday January 2nd. I spent time with Situ and Jidu and all of my other cousins I missed last week. And I got more presents! Dad got the lucky coin (again) from the New Year's Tsoureki bread. He was so popular with all of my little cousins, including my 3 year-old Godsister Christina, but I’m sure he’ll only have eyes for me when I arrive. Speaking of Godparents, I found out who mine will be! Mommy’s cousins Kathy and Ernie proudly asked Mom and Dad if they could dunk my head in oily water a few months after I am born. That doesn’t sound very fun for me, but everyone else was excited. After they dunk me, I’ll have new Godbrothers George and Nicholas, a new Godsister Angelica, and a Nouno and Nouna. If you re-read this blog, I bet you will be able to piece together my entire Pangis extended family tree now! Today I am 30 full weeks old and three-quarters of the way done. I am now about 3 pounds and 17 inches, or the size of a butternut squash. My brain is starting to look like a labyrinth (until now it was smooth), which allows for an increased amount of brain tissue (yes, I am getting even smarter). My bone marrow is making red blood cells now, just like it does for you guys out there. I’m shedding my layer of lanugo (hair) because my fat and my brain are now regulating my body temperature. Since I’m Greek and Lebanese though, my hair will grow back the moment I’m born. Mom says my laser hair removal fund will be larger than my college fund.
Needless to say, I’m pooped from all of my Christmas and New Year’s partying, and I think I’m ready for a nap. I’ll check in with you all after my next party when I get lots more presents!
In the meantime, consider this: Mary's mother had seven kids: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. What was the 7th kid's name?
Also, check out this neat article about twins born in different years: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/03/twins-born-in-separate-years-by-parents-choice/
Until next time, you know what to do – keep Ziggin’!


No comments:
Post a Comment