Hey Ziggy-lovers,It’s been over 3 weeks since I last checked in with you, and with less than 7 weeks left until I emerge from my warm and squiggly cocoon, my reports from the womb are nearing an end. Never fear, however, for I have a lifetime of fun and games and adventures to share with you. Mom and Dad and all of their friends and family have been preparing to spoil me rotten, starting with my baby shower. That’s right Mom, it wasn’t your baby shower, it was mine. I got all the gifts, I got all the love…I got everything. You must be sooooooo jealous. You too, Dad, especially since you did all the heavy lifting.
All kidding aside, it was a really fun day. Yiayia and Situ arranged a great party at the Seasons in Washington Township, where I met all of my future aunts and cousins. Dad helped with boxes and posters in the morning, then he hung out with the guys at Yiayia’s house in the afternoon (no boys allowed at my parties). While he was there, Dad started a flood in Yiayia’s living room at her house. Now Yiayia is building a new living room for me! Anyway, back to me. I got clothes, toys, bottles, and something called “My Brest Friend.” My favorite gift is my Jets onesy. Dad says the Jets are saving their super bowl victory until after I am born. I also got some beautiful handmade cards from my future Godsister and Godbrothers – thanks guys! After my party, Dad and I watched the Jets kick some Patriot butt with the Panagakos from Massachusetts. It was a long ride back to Boston for them.
All kidding aside, it was a really fun day. Yiayia and Situ arranged a great party at the Seasons in Washington Township, where I met all of my future aunts and cousins. Dad helped with boxes and posters in the morning, then he hung out with the guys at Yiayia’s house in the afternoon (no boys allowed at my parties). While he was there, Dad started a flood in Yiayia’s living room at her house. Now Yiayia is building a new living room for me! Anyway, back to me. I got clothes, toys, bottles, and something called “My Brest Friend.” My favorite gift is my Jets onesy. Dad says the Jets are saving their super bowl victory until after I am born. I also got some beautiful handmade cards from my future Godsister and Godbrothers – thanks guys! After my party, Dad and I watched the Jets kick some Patriot butt with the Panagakos from Massachusetts. It was a long ride back to Boston for them. Mom and Dad have also been to two classes to prepare for my birth. The first one was a birthing class, where they learned about all the pain I’m going to inflict on Mom for 18 hours while I force my way down her lady parts. But since the reward is me, they won’t mind. The second one was a breastfeeding class. Dad learned a whole new way to hold Mom’s breasts, but I’m the only one that gets to use them. It “sucks” for both us in different ways, Dad. Did you know that the food Mom makes for me will be enough to feed me every day for months before I eat anything else? That means no candy until 2012, Grand Moms and Dads.
Finally, Dad accidentally called me a different name the other day. I wasn’t sure he was talking about me, but then he said, “…I mean Ziggy.” Could he have named me? I mean I already have a “Ziggy 4 Life” t-shirt ready to go, but what do you guys think my new name should be?
Now that I’m gaining some fat, I’m probably about five pounds and the size of a pineapple. My vernix (the white coating protecting my skin from getting too wrinkly) is getting thicker. My tiny fingernails have reached the tips of my fingers by now – Mom says I can go to manicures with her after I’m born.
I haven’t been for sonogram photos lately, but Mom and Dad will get a new look at me in about two weeks. Mom can watch me kick her in the bladder live, and you can see some new pictures of me -- win-win!
Until then, stay Squiggly.
Until then, stay Squiggly.
-Ziggy.
No comments:
Post a Comment