Sunday, February 20, 2011

36 weeks, 5 days


Greetings again from the womb, everyone.  My reports on the Womb Wide Web will be ending soon, but I look forward to reporting from the real world on a keyboard that’s less slimy.  Now that I’m in my 37th week of existence, I am considered full-term and I could arrive at any time or on any day.  Ideally I would like to make it out in time to start phoning in my votes for the next American Idol.  I vote for anyone with a Z in their name.  Every vote counts! 
With Z-Day rapidly approaching, Mom and Dad have been having lots of fun preparing for my arrival.  On Monday February 14th, Mom took Dad and me to White Castle for a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner.  The host seated us for our 8pm reservation and the Castle was very nice.  There were red balloons and table cloths and flowers, and even photographers and waiters.  Mom ate something I’ve never had before – I think it’s called a Sack Meal.  Maybe next year I’ll have the teeth to taste one by myself!  On Tuesday February 15th, Dad took us to see The Addams Family on Broadway.  They were creepy and kooky, and altogether spooky; they looked and sounded a lot like The Zarwi Family to me.  Is that how all people are?  :)
On Wednesday February 16th, Mom and Dad got their first look at me in over two months.  And guess what?  I’m cuter than ever.  I know some of you are thinking that it’s literally impossible for me to get any cuter, but believe it.  I’m on a collision course for increased cuteness until the Terrible Twos (but even my temper tantrums might be adorable).  Everyone was impressed that I “flipped” in Mom’s belly – my head is down and ready to go.  You could also see my heart pumping, and my diaphragm moving up and down as I practice breathing.  Once again my hands were up by my face so it was hard to see what I look like.  Peek-a-boo is my favorite game!  The doctors estimate that I am currently 5lbs and 11oz.  Mom and Dad also picked my pediatrician.  I will be a proud patient of Tenafly Pediatrics from Day 0 until I’m about 19 years old (that’s how old Dad was when they finally kicked him out).  I am not looking forward to my vaccinations!
This weekend Mom and Dad furnished my new room!  Check it out - my crib is off the hook!  (I’ve been listening to rap music lately.)  I got a new crib, a dresser with a changing table, a new crib set full of cool animals, a pink rug, a new glider from my Godparents and lots of fun decorations.  For the first few weeks I’ll probably spend more time in the bassinet that my future mother-in-law Lauren loaned me, but pretty soon I’ll be sleeping in style. 
Finally, for those of you who didn’t get my email, check out my baby pool at http://bebepool.com/alexzarwi .  You can make your predictions about my birthday, length and weight, and name.  Whomever gets the most points wins a stinky diaper!  At 37 weeks, the big mystery is when labor will actually begin.  It's anyone's guess when I decide to make my appearance: will I be sociably early like my Mom, or fashionably late like my Dad?   The way I’ve been kicking Mom and keeping her up at night, Mom thinks I’ll be early! 
Until next time (if there is one), I leave you with this riddle: What is the beginning of eternity, the end of time, and the beginning of every ending?
Stay cool,
Ziggy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment