Hey Zigz fans,
Ziggy’s back and better than ever. It’s been about two weeks since my last report, and I’ve been dancing up a storm in mom’s belly. My favorite thing to do these days is swirl around in Mom’s belly and put on a show for mom and dad. Sometimes I stick my butt out of one side of mom’s belly and she pets it like it’s my head. My head is facing down now, mom – I’m in position to slide down and through your pelvis. Duh!
The last couple weeks Mom and Dad have been working hard to prepare for my arrival. Last week we went to a newborn class to learn all about how to take care of me. They learned things like how to put on a diaper (tape goes back to front), how to wipe me (front to back), three ways to burp me, and how to pass me off when I’m screaming bloody murder. We also learned about taking my temperature rectally (on a side note, I plan on NEVER running a fever) and picking a pediatrician. Dad grew up with Tenafly Pediatrics, and since they have offices near us and my Grandparents, they are the leading contenders to poke and prod me after I enter your frighteningly bright and cold world. Just like Mom and Dad, I’m anxious but excited to see and touch and hear and feel all the people and places and things I’ve learned about in the womb the last eight months. By the way Mom, I prefer Italian designers for my outfits, just like we saw in Milan together.
My new room is also coming together, slowly but surely. I got a new fan light and a closet stocked with Ziggy Couture. My crib, dresser and gliding chair are on the way, and my boyfriend Alex Samulka loaned me his bassinet for sleepytime. I’ve been listening to lots of music, including Greek and Arabic, but my favorite is Bruce Springsteen – I’m a Jersey Girl first!
We also took a tour of the hospital with lots of other babies-to-be. I have spotted about 500 babies since my conception (see my Pregnant People Counter link here), including triplets-to-be! There’s going to be a lot of extra poop in the world in 2011.
Now that I’m 36 weeks, I’m considered full-term. Z-day is on the horizon, as I am about 19 inches, 6 pounds and the size of a large cantaloupe. Squeezing through Mom’s pelvic bones will be tricky, so it's a good thing that they're more flexible now. My head is burrowing deeper and deeper towards the exit, and my sonogram pictures on Wednesday will tell everyone just how close to the exit I really am.
Stay tuned for my next update. Until then, this is Ziggy the Zygote saying Happy Birthday Aunt Rema!



No comments:
Post a Comment