Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Know You Are But What Am I? (Week 21)

Hey everyone, 
It’s been a fun and eventful 11 days since I checked in with you all, and I know the suspense has been eating you up.  Since the word got out of my existence, you all have expressed tons of sincere love and concern for me.  It can’t be because of my looks, because I am covered in slime and hair at the moment.  So it must be my uncanny ability to express myself via the Womb Wide Web.  So, without further ado….
Monday was my 20-week ultrasound exam, also known as the Anatomy ultrasound.  Mom and Dad checked out my 10 fingers, 10 toes, 2 lungs, and 1 of most everything else.  Since I knew I’d be on TV, I decided to also show Mom and Dad my somersault skills!  How many fetuses do you know that can touch their toes to their forehead?  Mom and Dad were impressed with my flexibility, as well as my clean bill of health.  Cysty the Cyst is still keeping me company in here, but is just kinda there, like Canada.  Cysty is still a 4-inch water balloon, but since I’m way bigger and stronger now, I’m way more interesting.  

These days I’m about the size of a large banana (about 7 inches) — and speaking of bananas, Mom hates them right now.  One thing she loves, though, is French Dip, especially from Houston’s.  And guess what?  I can taste the French Dip, too.  These days my taste buds are very developed, and because I swallow a bit of amniotic fluid each day (for nutrition, hydration, and to practice digesting), I eat what Mom eats.  Since the taste for certain foods will stay with me when I am born, Mom better switch to vegetables.   Hershey is a vegetable, right?
The next question you’ve been asking is, “Ziggy, are you a Ziggette?”  Due to my gumby-like acrobatics at the ultrasound, I made it really easy to tell if I am a boy or girl.  BUT –only the doctors know, and I’m not telling – for now.  Isn’t the suspense more exciting?  I have two poll questions this week: 1) what do you think I am, a boy or a girl?  And 2) would you prefer to know now, or in March? 

That’s all for now.  Until next time, answer my questions! 

Love,
-Ziggy

3 comments:

  1. Dear Ziggy,
    Enough with the morning sickness already, you're too old for that. Listen to your mommy and I'll feed you some French Dip.
    Love,
    Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. now i think you are a ziggette
    2. tomorrow :) don't you make me wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sthomas said...

    Do we know who Anonymous is above or do we get to guess this person too? :-)

    1. Hmmm...hard to say
    2. I think waiting is much more fun, be sure ziggy or ziggette to tell mom and dad to have two names ready for your big day...keep'em in suspense....that is unless mom and dad already know....then tell them to share with us of course!

    ReplyDelete