Sunday, November 7, 2010

I Know You Are but What Am I? Part 2

Hey Ziggy fans,
Spoiler alert!!  Word is out on "What I Am," so I can only bottle it up for so long.  For those of you who don't want to know....tough!  You're going to find out sooner or later anyway.
I've had a fun couple of weeks since my 20-week ultrasound.  Mom and Dad were really happy to see my somersaults and yawns, and they decided that it was time to start thinking about karate class or ballerina class for me.  Instead of finding out at the doctor's office, Mom and Dad asked Dr. Mathews to write my gender on a photo in an envelope so they could open it at home on another day with the rest of my crazy Pan-Zarwi family.   Yiayia, Papou, Jidu, Situ, Uncle George, Aunt Kelly, Uncle James, Aunt Rema, and Aunt Alia all got in on the fun of my "Big Reveal."  Will I be peeing sitting down or standing up?  I coulda told you the answer to that a long time ago: I'm gonna pee whenever I feel like it and Mom and Dad are gonna clean it up!  Anyway, Mom and Dad peeked in the envelope ahead of time and chose to share the news via Papou's 79th birthday cake.  Everyone gathered on Saturday afternoon for lunch, and each brought their own bit of their usual craziness with them.  For example, Jidu said hello to me but then fired up his hedge trimmer to clean up the garden.  Situ completely disobeyed orders regarding cooking.  Uncle George and Aunt Kelly showed up with a pink bag and a blue bag (which would I choose?).  Aunt Alia's head appeared on a computer screen in the dining room, and I wondered what happened to the rest of her body.  Mom fed me some salad and chicken, and then came the birthday cake for Papou.
Would it be a blue cake or a pink cake?  Hmmmmmmm..........
Mom and Dad did some singing to Papou, and when Papou read his cake it said, "Happy Birthday Papou!  P.S. I'm A.... Girl!"  That's right Zigs fans, this Zygote has lady parts.  All the boys under the age of 3 can stop reading now.  Dad says I'm staying in my room til I'm 25, so consider me off the market until 2036.

I'm now in my 22nd week of life in Mom's belly, and I've broken through the one pound mark.  I've been having a lot of fun swimming around in here and I had a great time dancing with Mom and Dad at Josh and Heather's wedding this weekend.  I was so excited that Dad felt me kick for the first time ever.  My taste buds are strong and all of the wedding food was great, especially the carrot wedding cake.  I've been working on developing my sense of touch and sight, and I can perceive like and dark better than ever.  My eyebrows and eyelashes are well formed now, but I also have hair all over me (I'm Greek and Lebanese, what are you gonna do?).  I'm still giving Mom a hard time in the morning, but soon I'll give her a harder time when I'm born.
Stay tuned for more Words from the Womb, and a Ziggy Couture section with pictures of my Ziggy-Wear.  Talk to you soon!
Love,
Zigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment