It's been more than a couple weeks since I've checked in, but I've been doing plenty zaggin' and ziggin'. It was a bummer to miss out on Greece while in the womb, but Mom and Dad fed me some (pasteurized) feta. Truth be told, my eyelids are still fused shut, so I'm not sure how much I would have enjoyed the sights anyway. Instead, Mom and Dad took me to Boston for my first Yankees vs Red Sox game. Dad wore his Yankees jacket, but was ready to play the pregnant card if anyone hassled me or Mom. It turns out that we were surrounded by Yankees fans in the bleachers, so we were safe. In the 10th inning, everyone came over to take some pictures of me; coincidentally, Mariano Rivera was warming up in the bullpen right in front of us.
After a tour of Boston the next day, we all went to the beach on Cape Cod....at least I thought we were going to the beach. It rained for three straight days and all I got to see was my own amniotic sac for 72 hours. Mom and Dad made some great avgolemono soup though, and Dad can sure jam on the Guitar (Hero). I also had fun hanging out with my Aunts and Uncles for Monday Night Football -- Aunt Jamie and Uncle Matt got me a Pump House onesy, and I'll wear it with pride!
This week I'm about 6 inches long and about 8 ounces -- about the size of a mango. Mom still has some morning sickness, but mostly I'm giving her a stuffy nose. My arms and legs are finally in proportion, neurons are now connected between the brain and muscles, and my cartilage is turning to bone. Thanks to my upgrades, I'm kicking up a storm in here! I'm also working on my vernix caseosa. Oh, you don't know Latin? Vernix means varnish and caseosa means cheese. My cheesy varnish now covers and protects my skin. It's greasy and white and is made up of lanugo (hair), baby oil (from my glands), and skin cells. Without it, I would look as wrinkled as Joe Girardi's face after game 2 of the ALCS. I'm pretty warm and snuggly in Mom's belly, and I'm lucky, because Mom and Dad haven't had hot water for a whole week! Better get that fixed before my water breaks, too, Mom! Stay tuned for more updates from the womb next week after Mom and Dad take a look at me on Monday, October 25th! Until then, feel free to drop me a line or some knowledge about the outside world, and ponder this: if my head pops out at 11:59pm but my feet come out at 12:01am, on which day am I born?
Talk to you soon,
-Z-Squared

No comments:
Post a Comment