Wednesday, August 4, 2010

8 Weeks Old (8/4/10)

Greetings again to all of you out there in Squiggle Nation (which is only Mom and Dad right now, but hey, everyone's gotta start somewhere). It's been a busy couple of weeks for me, especially emotionally. You see, my whole life people have been comparing me to food: first I was a poppy seed, then an orange seed, a sweet pea, a blueberry and a raspberry. Now I'm about 1 inch long, and the size of a green olive. All this talk of food is making me wonder: will I be born a watermelon? And I'm kinda scared because Mom's favorite fruit to eat is watermelon! I'm due in March, and I might be the only watermelon in sight -- please don't eat me, Mom!
Physically, things have been going swimmingly. Speaking of swimming, I've been growing about a millimeter per day in different places around my body, which makes it easier to take laps and stay in shape. My brain is still growing at a rapid pace, and my head is straightening out. If you look really closely, you can see the start of my ears, upper lip, nose, and thin eyelids. Mom and Dad took me to visit Dr Matthews and got their first look at me on the ultrasound. It's official: I'm an only child. I'm pretty excited to be spoiled rotten though. Anyway, I look great (even in black and white) and my heartbeat is so ferocious it would frighten the neighbor's cats.
California was a fun trip last week, but the embryos there are soooo superficial. They were all like, "hey, check out my you-know-what growth this week." I was like "fuhgetaboutit." I know I'm not from New York, but it sounds cooler than anything I hear on the Jersey Shore. While I was in Cali, Dad was in Cooperstown at the Baseball Hall of Fame with his friends. Mom was always on his mind, though. In between hall of fame parades and photos with Rickey Henderson, Dad spotted Reed's Ginger Candy to help mom combat some nausea I'm causing her. Fortunately I haven't been too much trouble for Mom...yet. She's had the sniffles mostly, but Grandma has been all over her to flush her nose. Little does Grandma know that Mom has a stuffy nose cuz of me!
Did you know there are lots of pregnant Moms and babies-to-be out there, just like me? Foshizzle my squiggle! I've been keeping an eye out everywhere I go. Check out Mom and Dad's Pregnant People Counter -- I'm gonna have a lot of playdates!
That's all for now -- time to go back to doing what I do best: growing limbs!
Until next time, stay squiggly.
-ZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment