
Here I am, a full six weeks old. It’s been eventful since I last checked in. Right now I’m about the size of a blueberry, but I’m about 10,000 times bigger than when I started out as a true zygote. My head and brain are growing at a Presidential pace of 100 cells per minute. I’ve gone through 3 sets of kidneys since I was born, but that’s mostly because I was hungry and I thought they were beans. I’m also starting to sprout little arm and leg buds to help me start swimming around in here.
In the meantime, I haven’t caused too much trouble for Mom lately. After her early bout with morning sickness for two days, she’s mostly stabilized. I’ve been such a good Ziggy that it’s easy for Mom and Dad to forget that I’m here! But of course, they don’t. They had their first doctor’s appointment this past Friday, and we all met the doctor who is going to deliver me. He made Mom and Dad feel very comfortable and happy, so I’m happy too.
I’m going on my second airplane trip today with Mom, and it’s my first time to the west coast. In my short life I’ve been to New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and now California. I wonder how my babies like me are out there?
I’m getting sleepy, so I’ll check back with you guys next time. Maybe I’ll have something new to say about my heartbeat. Until then, keep Ziggin’.
No comments:
Post a Comment