Welcome to my blog, everyone! Allow me to introduce myself: I am Ziggy. Ziggy the Zygote. Ziggy Pan-Zarwi. aka Zigs, ZZ, Z-Squared, Z-Lite, and Tadpole. Many of you are probably thinking, "Wow, Zigs, i had no idea that zygotes could blog!" In truth, most zygotes are all about maturing into fetuses, hanging out in the womb and selfishly sapping mom's energy. I want to be more than just a simple zygote, especially considering I have superior Pan-Zarwi genes. My parents love me very much and take care of me well, and I want to give Mom back something more than agita. So I will try to report regularly on my life and times in the womb for them and for you.First of all, a big shout-out to Mom and Dad for conceiving me. Without you guys, people would have to read one of those other blogs about someone's pet or something. Isn't it more interesting to hear about me? I thought so.
Now that I'm about 1 month old, all kinds of things are going on. For starters, Mom just found out Tuesday morning that I was floating around in here. She peed on a stick early in the morning then woke up Dad with the smell of urine. I know he didn't mind though, because he kissed me (not the stick, silly, Mom's belly).
Mom is already getting sick all over again. Just yesterday, following her fourth time vomiting, I heard her say to Dad, "You did this to me!" Fortunately Dad was there to do everything he could to help Mom feel better. He cut her some watermelon, which is her favorite (even though she threw it up). He also got her some saltines and kept her company all evening until she got sleepy (which wasn't long).
As for me, I've been splitting cells like crazy in here. These days I kinda look like a tadpole, with a little head and a tail. I'm also the size of an orange seed. But don't let my size fool you: my circulatory system and my heart are already starting to develop, and my neural tube (the precursor to my brilliant brain and spinal cord) is almost sealed closed. By March 15th I expect to reveal myself to the outside world (sans tail).
Until next time, stay squiggly.
-Ziggy.
No comments:
Post a Comment