Thursday, August 12, 2010

8/12/10 (9.5 Weeks)

Greetings again from Ziggy's world. Guess what? I'm officially a fetus. And while technically I haven't been a zygote for a while, I wouldn't be the first person to retain a nickname that no longer officially applies. I mean, Elvis the Embryo has three kids of her own now -- and even though her name is Sally, her Dad still calls her Elvis. So I'm keeping Ziggy. Forever. You hear that Mom? I'm putting my (webbed) foot down.
So all this talk about my size and fruit doesn't seem to be going away. This week I will be about 1.5 inches long, or about the size of a prune. On the plus side, its getting a lot roomier in here; mom's uterus is about the size of a large grapefruit. Aaaaaggghhhh now you have me doing it! Nevermind, it's the size of a softball. Speaking of softball, it sounds like Dad has a big softball tournament coming up this weekend. I hope you win, Dad! In the meantime, I'm going to hang out with Mom and grow some more. This week I'm working on my knees, ankles and elbows. I can even flex my arms! I'm also developing teeth, so better for you to understand me. My kidneys are working too -- gotta digest all that watermelon Mom is eating! Speaking of Moms, Yia-Yia and Situ know about me now. I can't wait til I come out and they start sneaking me candy behind Dad's back. Yum!!
Stay Sguiggly,
-ZZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment